GUARANTEE BY BREEDER
1. Breeder guarantees that the cat is a purebred Maine coon or Scottish Fold
2. Breeder further guarantees that this animal is negative for FeLV and FIV at the time of leaving the cattery, and in good health. There is no guarantee for kittens or cats when tested for Coronavirus as the test is not specific to a single Coronavirus.There is no guarantee if the buyer uses the FIP vaccine, as FIP may be potentiated by such.
3. If purchased as a PET this kitten is guaranteed for the first 6 months against a GENETIC problem so severe that it prevents the animal from living a normal life as a pet, i.e. HCM, Hip Dysplasia. Upon receiving written proof of a diagnoses of severe HD by an OFA or Penn Hip certification, or diagnosis of HCM by a certified Veterinary Cardiologist, the Buyer will receive a replacement with another kitten of equal quality as soon as available. Buyer may keep the original cat. Breeder is not responsible for any vet bills incurred. Buyer must provide a death certificate issued by a veterinarian in the event of a death in order to qualify for a replacement kitten.
4. If, during the initial veterinarian visit (with-in 3 days of receipt), a diagnosis of disease other than stress-induced minor upper respiratory infection is made , Buyer agrees to provide a written report, signed by the examining licensed veterinarian, including the diagnosis and all test results the diagnosis is based on.
The Breeder has the right to request a second opinion from a Veterinarian of the Breeders choice, at the Breeders expense. Upon confirmation the Breeder is obligated to pay for the treatment of the diagnosed illness, up to 1/2 of the purchase price of the animal. The Buyer may, at his option and within five days of the veterinary diagnosis elect to either a)cancel this contract and be refunded the purchase price, or b) accept a replacement animal, when available. The Breeder may, at his option and within the same five day period, elect to cancel this contract and refund the purchase price to the Buyer. All costs associated with shipping will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
5. If Kittens sold as Breeder/Show prove to be sterile from congenital or hereditary conditions, the Breeder has the option of offering to the Buyer: a) upon altering of the original cat, replacement with the next available equal quality cat or kitten; or b) refund the difference between Breeder/Show and Show/Alter price. Show-Alter price is $***.**. (Sterility caused by an infectious agent is not covered by any guarantee.)
6. There is no refund or replacement given if this cat is successfully bred before having its Hips X- ray’d for hip dysplasia, with the results turning up positive through an OFA or Penn Hip reading. Or a positive HCM result from a Board Certified Veterinarian Cardiologist.
7. If this cat/kitten has been purchased as a pet, the BUYER agrees that this cat/kitten will not be used for breeding. This cat/kitten must be neutered/spayed by 5-6 months of age for a kitten, and within 14 days from time of delivery for cats/kittens over 6 months of age at the time of purchase. Breeding a kitten/cat sold as a pet only is a violation of this contract. The breeder retains the right to file legal action if buyer breeds this cat/kitten without breeding rights.
Penalty for breeding without breeding rights $3000
GUARANTEES BY BUYER
Please initial if in agreement,
_1.Buyer agrees to have the cat examined by their Veterinarian within 3 days after the purchase, and advise the Breeder of the results of the exam. Mindful that the stress induced in an animal when going to a new home may cause symptoms of illness, including minor upper respiratory infection, to appear in otherwise healthy animals.
_2.Buyer promises and warrants that this cat will be an INDOOR animal, not allowed to roam freely outside. This animal WILL NOT BE DECLAWED, nor confined to a cage for extended periods of time. ____2a. Failure to comply with #2. will result in the voiding of any and all health guarantees on this cat.
_3.Under no circumstances will this cat ever be sold, leased, or given away to any pet shop, Humane Shelter, research facility or similar facility. If for any reason this cat cannot be kept by the Buyer, Scottish Fold Cattery will be notified PRIOR to any disposition being made of this cat.
_4.If at any time this cat is found to be ill, malnourished, abused, neglected, or loose unattended outdoors, Buyer will surrender said cat to the Breeder unconditionally, with no refund of purchase price.
_5. This cat will not be euthanized for any reason other than a veterinary deemed emergency. without buyers contacting the breeder FIRST.
_6.If this Kitten or cat is sold to a multi-cat Breeder or Show home, the cat must be isolated for a period of 21 days in order for the health guarantee to be valid.
_7.If the cat is to be shipped by air, all costs of transportation, including Rabies vaccination & USDA Health Certificate, for shipment, shall be born by the Buyer. Breeder is not responsible for airline costs or errors, including handling.
Breeder is not liable for errors and/or mishandling on the part of the Buyer.
It is recommended that a rabies vaccine be given between 6 & 8 months and your Vet may also want to vaccinate for Feline Leukemia Virus, but only if your cat is going to be in contact with any other at risk cats. Please DO NOT give multiple vaccines to your cat on the same day. Vaccinating for FIP is not recommended at this time.
_8. All sales are final after 48 hours. Refund or replacement is at the Breeders discretion.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.